Russia and the changing world

  About Consulate General
  Consul General
  Diplomatic Staff
  News and Announcements
  Information about the Russian Federation
  Memo to a foreign citizen, a highly qualified specialist

  Business visa
  Private visa
  Student visa
  Tourist visa
  Transit visa
  Working visa
  Visa fee
  Public holidays

  Diplomatic relations between
Russia and Pakistan


  Letters to the Consulate General

  Useful links

  Pakistan Steel Mills
  Russian journalists about the situation in the region
  CIS countries in Karachi
  Russian Investments in Pakistan
  All about Russia

What is a Tourist Voucher and a Confirmation?

Tourist Voucher and Confirmation is the document where the provided tourist services are listed (i.e. airport transfer, hotel accommodation, museum excursions etc.).

How much money in foreign currency can I bring to Russia?

You can legally bring to Russia any amount of cash money, however you are required to declare a sum that is more than $10.000 (or equivalent).

You can legally bring out of Russia up to $10.000 in cash. If you have more, the rest of the sum must be accompanied by a special certificate named: Permission to export currency issued by a Russian bank.

Are there Currency Exchange offices in Russia?

Yes, there are. You can legally exchange foreign currency in Russian banks.

Are there any restrictions on the travel checks (Thomas Cook, American Express, Visa etc.) or credit cards in Russia?

No, there are no restrictions. Credit cards and travel checks are not to be declared and can be used freely. Russian banks can cash your travel checks. You can also buy travel checks in Russian banks.

I take pills. Is it OK to bring medical drugs to Russia?

Yes, in reasonable quantities for personal consumption.

What are the visa requirements for the citizens of the former USSR?

No visa required for the citizens of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belorussia, Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Moldavia, Tajikistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.

When in Russia, can I change my visa status (i.e. from tourist to business or from business to educational and vice versa)?

No, you cannot change your visa status being in Russia. In order to do that, you have to leave the country and re-enter on different visa. There is no visa extension possibility.

I am in Russia. What to do in emergency?

In emergency, please, contact the nearest Consular Office or the Embassy of your country or Russian authorities.

How to contact the emergency service in Russia?

In Russia, you can contact Fire Department, Police Department, or Paramedics by dialing 911 or 112 from your cell phone.